3 February 2010

the dullest blog in the world

I am messing around with a text on boredom. My writing is no good. Faux-phenomenology, go to hell. I find a blog. It's great. It's called The dullest blog in the world and it is all but dull even though it tries hard to be just that. Sadly, there seem to be no new updates. The last entry is called "Closing a window" and goes like this: "A window was slightly open. I decided that I did not need it to continue to be so. I closed it and securing it using the window handles." A few years back, there is the entry, "My knee had a slight itch. I reached out my hand and scratched the knee in question. The itch was relieved and I was able to continue with my activities." and a few days before that, "I was standing quite near to a wall. I turned my attention towards it for a few moments. Having done this for several seconds I turned away from it and carried on doing something else." Fuck you Facebook stats ("bored @ work / went to lunch"). "I had a mug of coffee sitting on my desk. I reached out my hand and picked up the mug. I took a sip of coffee before returning the mug to it’s former position on my desk." Dammit, this guy's writing is everything I wish mine would be but what it will never become because apparently I am not bored enough and the simplicity knife is not sharp enough. "I was inside my house and decided that I would like to go outside for a while. I picked up my keys, opened the front door and stepped outside. I turned around and closed the door behind me." I mean, this almost has the effect of being moving. "I hadn’t written in my blog for a while. I turned on the computer and wrote a new entry. I clicked the ’submit’ button, thereby restarting my blog."

No comments: