13 July 2009

Canyon - Fever

I'm sitting at home. My ear-drum is wasted as usual and my writing efforts are increasingly futile. This day is no good and I knew it when I opened my eyes this morning (only to close them again). Waking up / falling asleep / waking up from nightmare # xxxx. I have to do something, I think to myself. But what? My head is spinning from the ear infection. I make coffee. I drink coffee. Clouds outside. Heaps of clouds. It's hot/cold/hot. Can't decide. I feel like shit. I skim through some passages of poorly written text. Goddammit. I push the DELETE button. I push the UNDO button. DELETE, UNDO, DELETE. More clouds. I text you to say I can't make it tonight. A nap. My room is too little to wander around there. Despite ear condition, I put on some music. NO NOT THIS ACID JAZZ SHIT. Turn it off. Change music. Canyon: Fever. Good pick. Spacious music. Feel like walking among mountains. Grand fucking canyon. My one ear digs the perpetually droning echoes of the guitar (reverb I've been told). My other ear creates some ambience of its own. To say that a piece of music is soothing may give you Alain de Botton ideas. Forget these. Canyon is soothing music. Canyon is actually a Danish guy, Mikkel Valentin Dunkerley. Other drone/folk/----core bands might do similar things, but somehow this album builds up a very distinct atmosphere - it creates a world of its own. If you like the spookiness of The Caretaker, the movie Last year in Marienbad and/or Gerry, try this!

4 comments:

ponks said...

don´t know if it relieves your pain a little, but I´ve had almost the copy of your day until now (without the ear problem:( waking up from a nightmare, eating some stupid kiisseli that tasted so bad I wanted to throw up, played some really BAD guitar, erased everything I did, had a conversation that was just stupid, and now just waiting for the next possibility to fall asleep again, but then, that´s going to be so fucking difficult too..

better days will come,
oooh,
better days will come.
yeah yeah yeah. maybe.

M. Lindman said...

maybe, maybe, maybe. or not.

The best part of today so far is the punsch rolls I've been eating. I had one too many. Now the sun is shining and that darkens my mind even more.

ponks said...

haha. are we secret neighbors or something?
i was very satisfied with this rainy morning (that´s why i decided to get up at all) and now the sun´s here and i can´t wait for it just to piss off to back where it came from.

det roar mig att vara lite stereotypt motsatsig ibland. kanske jag egentligen blev mest upplyft av alla facebook-statusar idag morse "regn regn regn, slutar det aldrig?" o.s.v.
något av det roligaste som finns är när folks semestrar blir förstörda av regnväder, dvs om man är en sån typ som stör sig på regnväder så förtjänar man en dålig semester just på grund av den orsaken!
ööh?

M. Lindman said...

WORD!