30 March 2009


I'm pondering various possibilities of spending a year or so abroad. My problem is, however, that I don't know where to go. I could learn stuff even though I'd visit a department that doesn't actually share my interests in philosophy. OK, I wouldn't learn much from habermasians or utilitarians, I suspect, but still. I could go to the university of Dundee. Dundee is famous for cookies, I think (I've only heard the Swedish word "kakstad" in connection with Dundee and that is a very promising fact, indeed). I like cookies. This reveals something of my limited enthusiasm about philosophy right now. I would choose a generous jar of cookies any time over a philosophical argument. (Another thing that makes the University of Dundee interesting, if we forget the cookies for a while, is that their philosphy department seems to take an interest in contintental philosophy - I've heard that few universities in GB do, I don't know about Scotland specifically.)

1 comment:

Karin said...

Låter nra! Kakor är en bra orsak tycker jag. Om kaffe också finns att få till så skall du nog överväga :)