5 April 2008

Purrbot - Civil unrest


Some bands never seem to get the attention they deserve. purrbot, a one-man project from the US, is amongst these overlooked acts. A friend played the album Civil unrest and that's how I found out about the band. We're talking about quiet, mostly acoustic & guitar-based, music with lyrics that grapple with the worries of everyday life. The music is, one could say, discreet, but this does not imply it's boring. Especially the first track on the album, "Come out! Come out!" has remained with me since I first heard it. Somebody compared the band to a less fervent Xiu Xiu, but I don't know. I hope this band will make more music.

1 comment:

purrbot said...

purrbot has a new album out called "a kind of giving" which is available on iTunes and through cdbaby.com! thanks for the review!