2 April 2008

Bloody hell! On cursing

The Blog-O-Cuss Meter - Do you cuss a lot in your blog or website?
Created by OnePlusYou

Now, you see, I'm practically a saint. The result was quite unexpected, I do tend to swear a lot. Perhaps I'm keeping it in check on this very official, very mature little blog - apparently, I am, if the cuss-o-meter tells me so. Cursing belongs to the core of my language. If I feel that I can't use particular swear-words in the company of a particular person, then I immediately get suspicious of my relation with him/her. Cursing is also a part of the philosophical jargon at our department. At least among some of us, it is. It's fun and I guess some of it has to do with a rejection of technical, academic language (language that makes you die on the inside). I thought about this shit a bit when I started teaching, but then I realized it would be a stupid-ass idea to clean up the messy landscapes of my lingua. Censorship would mean I've totally given up the idea of trying to be myself. I don't have to drop F-bombs all the time but, still. For fuck's sake.

1 comment:

sevnetus said...

Freedom of Speech says a lot. This Joe Walsh said, "At the bottom words are shallow, on the surface talk is cheap, you can only judge the distance by the company you keep." Me, I swear in anger, and I like to fuck, otherwise I speak da English good.