13 April 2008

Bohren, bohren, bohren

I'm stuck with Bohren & der club of gore. It's almost impossible for me to listen to something else. Here's a great review of Geisterfaust, the group's most recent record. I agree with the reviewer that this record is different from Sunset Mission and Black earth. This is less film noir, and more...well, more doom. It reminds me of the drilling (he he) sound of Sunn O))); riffs that strech out into eternity, the melody being so slow that it disappears. I don't say I like it less, but it's different. The end of the album offers a pleasant surprise. The fist of a ghost, indeed.
It will be exciting to see what this band will do next - I like the way their sound has progressed. I haven't listened to the early records yet, but I've heard they contain more 'metal' elements, that they are harsher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you get more of that bohren stuff you know i'm interested. // really good stuff. // and yes, don't get old just yet.

a.j.