14 March 2008

risky business

I've learned something today: I should stay clear of business.

Two years ago, I was working in a weird place and we had to show up at a lot of pointless seminars, packed with boring people. There was a lot of opportunistic and/or technical management theory, of which I understood very little, but I still disliked it very much. After one of these horrendous seminars, we were all going on a small cruise (initiated by pink, sweet drinks). It sucked. I hurt my foot when jumping down from the boat and then I had to make civilized conversation for the rest of the night even though the pain was quite unbearable. During a few months, my mobility relied on a pair of crutches.
This morning, I was late for some silly presentation at a business ethics course I never should have attended in the first place (see previous post). Suddenly, I tripped over something, and found myself lying on the ground. I stood up, the foot was hurting quite a bit, but I didn't think about that. I endured the first presentations, but after that I was subdued by pains and went to see a doctor instead. Which was a good thing. My foot is now covered with plaster. I feel like a mummy.

On the plus side, I didn't have to make a stupid presentation today, in which I would have, seriously! - been blabbering on about irrationality and rationality, the stupidity of men and the futility of revolting against the Laws of Economics.

But that is poor consolation. Admittedly, I am the clumsiest creature on Earth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hu! Krya på dig! Om jag vore mer hippie så skulle jag fundera kring Karma och affärsvärlden...

M. Lindman said...

Tack!
Jo,tanken om karma har slagit mig också. Jag känner mig som Earl i My name is Earl... Världsalltet ingriper...