21 October 2008

Deltahead - Deltahead


Contemporary blues from....Sweden! Deltablues, gritty as hell. Have heard very little music that reaches this level of energy, though I have heard too many who've tried. A fist in the stomach. "Your mama is to lazy to pray". "Don't move to Finland". The titles says it all. Lyrics along the lines of "I smile at you I smile at you I take your money and fuck you in the...." Music from the swamp or from the bottom of the keg or the factory floor ("This piece of machinery"). Or the dance floor moved by Spirit. Racing guitars, pounding drums, stand-up bass! A bluesier The Gossip, a faster-paced The Black Keys. Some Muddy Waters. This music makes me insanely happy. Damn it, these types should be more well known. I didn't know there was blues like this out there. Bulldozer blues.

No comments: