29 September 2007

Test your morals!

Tests and polls are everywhere. But this one I really had to check out, after having seen it mentioned in a crazy article in The New Yorker about evolution and morality.

So, I took the test related to moral foundation. In it, you were to respond to questions such as "children should be taught the importance of authority?" and "it is always wrong to harm another human being". Disagree or agree?

How I scored? Based on the result, I am a perfect Rawlsian utilitarinist! According to the test results, I value fairness, whereas I am deeply concerned about all things having to do with "harm". In these respects, my scores didn't differ radically from other people's, liberals or conservatives, even though I received higher scores than the average. When turning to issues about "authority", "loyalty" and "purity" my scores were considerably lower than the average liberal or conservative person's. Well, based on all this, I really seem to be the perfect Utilitarian.

See you in hell!

1 comment:

Trollet said...

Ha ha
Nice to have a friend in hell.