22 November 2008

Fuck politeness!

I've been reading the aptly named Australian blog Fuckpoliteness for a while now. The blog indicates that there is someone, somewhere, out there who reacts to things the right way, who doesn't shy away from the FUCK YOU-finger whenever that is necessary. Go off and read this through-and-through sensible, thinking blog.

On a different note, I'm listening to Aussie indie poppers The Lucksmiths' Warmer corners. They are good, too. I need that band. They are almost the only "guitar pop" band I listen to nowadays (together with The Radio Dept.). And if you're craving for NEWSNEWS that will put all activity on the planet to a halt as people reflect in awe on the greatness of my deeds: I ventured out for a walk. My sister talked about some man who is involved in local politics. His idea of administration is that is should consist of politically appointed bureaucrats. My sister said: Weber... And I said, yes, of course. There was a time when I was a bit active in the Social Democrat party. Now I think it is rotten to - almost - the core. I have no hope whatsoever that this party has any vision at all as to how to change Finnish society for the better. They seem to be interested in one thing: to win as many elections as possible. (But who am I to complain? It is not exactly as if my head is filled to the brim with political policies.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Thank you so much for your kind words! It is one a.m here and I've been studying for Administrative Law papers and I've had a miserable, mopey week where I feel like I say the same crappy/boring things over and over and that the world is full of jerks who think I'm a total moron and that all that my thinking/writing does is piss people off and make me tired and sad. So to find this post was really quite lovely!Thankyou!

M. Lindman said...

:)

No, really, I am much impressed with your blog and I have never got the impression that you are repeating yourself. On the contrary, your writing highlights the way sexism & racism is expressed in sneaky political rhetoric, sneaky journalism and sometimes blunt stupidity that people still somehow swallow. Plus I like your style of writing.

I've had a crappy week, too. Hope the next will be better for both of us!

Anonymous said...

Yes, me too!

I read the post on the politician talking about rape, and was too shocked to comment coherently! That's appalling. I can't believe how brazenly people can say these things and not feel ashamed!